Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Tyre Wear

Jethrotracey

Reaction score
Hey,

Anyone got anything better than 25,000 out of a set of 18" Bridgestones yet?

My Front tyres are stuffed (outer edge1" wide) at around 25,000. I spoke to my Holden service centre and asked if they had rotated and they swear they did..... Find it hard to believe they actually did rotate with the front outers edges so badly worn!

Jeff

Dak666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Did it have a PD wheel alignment or one since you've owned it?

Cheers, Jeff.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have just over 30,000 out of my 19's. The rears need changing soon but the fronts still have heaps left. All tyres seem to be wearing evenly - better than any other Commy I have had.

Reaper

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
just over 26000 on the 19' and the rear might need a look in but the front are fine as well!

Jethrotracey

Reaction score
Did it have a PD wheel alignment or one since you've owned it?

Cheers, Jeff.
Good question, I asked for one a 15K and the local dealer told me tey did, I'm with yo don't reckon they did though!

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
if its wearing on the outser edges then the TOE-IN is incorrect, should be 1mm toe in either side.
when the car has its pre delivery inspection it is suppose to be set to 2mm total toe in... so obviously it hasnt had its alignment

the only problem ive seen with VE's is the rear left wheel wearing out waaaaaay to fast. most cars come in at 15,000 and need the rear tyre replaced

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Lol, VE's supposed to be better than a vs in terms of tire wear, I have no camber kit in my vs and my 17" tires just passed 35,000kms and another 5000 or so kms to go before they need replacing!

I bet you have some serious toe problems as it may not be aligned properly or not been rotated at the dealer.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I get my VE laser aligned once a month... 4 wheel rotation, balance pressure check and laser alignment :)

All for roughly $50. Worth it I reckon!

And here's a cool little product that actually monitors tire pressure and temperature ANY time. If your tyre pressures and temperatures vary greatly while driving along the highway for example, time for an alignment/balance/both :)
Complete Vehicle Media Solutions.

Last edited:

dale762308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V Series LPG
Go And Get A Wheel Alignment Done And Get The Report, Then Take It Back To The Dealer And Ask For A) Refund For Alignment And B) New Tyres. Did This On 2 V Series And Paid For The Lot On Both Cars. These Were 17" And Got 25k And 18k Respective. They Are Suppose To Do A Wheel Alignment As Part Of The Dleivery Charge But Most Just Dive Down Road, Take Hands Off Wheel, If Goes Straight All Aok.