Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTRCAI Installed... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Fitted my new OTRCAI this afternoon after work. Not hard at all and I'm happy with the result :D

Need to get another hose clamp tomorrow as they don't include one for those who choose to retain the MAF. There are only three in the OEM intake setup and four are needed for the ORSSOM OTRCAI setup when retaining the MAF. So cable ties it is for now - until I can get a hose clamp from Supercheap tomorrow.

Also, one small thing is the cover presses down on the top of a solid pipe on the right hand side so isn't sitting flush (about 1 - 2 cm higher than flush). Hopefully you can see what I mean from the 2nd pic. I just need to trim a little recess into the cover so it sits down properly. No big deal.

Better responsiveness straight away and instant fuel figures seem better initially. I'll be getting a tune in a couple of weeks so things should improve even more then.

Oh, and I need to clean the engine bay too!!

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Some one has some $,damn hot commodore man,the cai have always been a very important mod to the holden's,ls1 loves cold air as do most engines.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
is that the plastic wheel arch or the right hand side under the compliance plate?

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Thats sexy!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
It set me back $695. Sure there are cheaper pod filters and the SS Inductions Growler but OTR is the best. And the ORSSOM one looks sweet and is built very well. Not mention easy to install. Noticed better responsiveness straight away and indicated better fuel efficiency - but time will tell. I'm getting a tune in a couple of weeks which will tweak it properly.

As for induction noise, yeah there is from outside but the V8 with dual 3 inch exhaust is louder. No induction noise inside the car.

The plastic on the right is the wheel arch for the front wheel.

Any the whole car is sexy :p

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
Fitted my new OTRCAI this afternoon after work. Not hard at all and I'm happy with the result :D

Need to get another hose clamp tomorrow as they don't include one for those who choose to retain the MAF. There are only three in the OEM intake setup and four are needed for the ORSSOM OTRCAI setup when retaining the MAF. So cable ties it is for now - until I can get a hose clamp from Supercheap tomorrow.

Also, one small thing is the cover presses down on the top of a solid pipe on the right hand side so isn't sitting flush (about 1 - 2 cm higher than flush). Hopefully you can see what I mean from the 2nd pic. I just need to trim a little recess into the cover so it sits down properly. No big deal.

Better responsiveness straight away and instant fuel figures seem better initially. I'll be getting a tune in a couple of weeks so things should improve even more then.

Oh, and I need to clean the engine bay too!!

PICTURES REMOVED
Hey that is the same OTR-CAI I got put on my clubby. mine is maffless tho... did you not go maffless..? how many kws at the head do you have now.?

Last edited by a moderator: