Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Intake and New Car Warranty

smeg555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Manual

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Well the intake itself won't be covered but if you retain the MAF (which the SS Inductions Growler does) then you won't void any other part of your warranty.

Although the SS Inductions Growler is expensive for limited power gains. Having had the Growler on my VE Calais, I would never buy one again.

Go for an ORSSOM Over the Radiator (OTR) CAI.

This is my setup... (yes my engine bay was dirty when i took these pics)

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
that looks good mate... who makes this OTR setup? coz im getting a pod atm but this looks better... but im also getting an eaton supercharger so wat should i get, this or a pod??

Prodrive

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
does that set up go, air filter then maf then into the engine? what i am trying to workout if thats the maf between the air filter and the engine.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
that looks good mate... who makes this OTR setup? coz im getting a pod atm but this looks better... but im also getting an eaton supercharger so wat should i get, this or a pod??

CAI Pty Ltd - Orssom Performance OTRCAI Products for all the info you need mate. This is the best value for money CAI for the VE if you ask me.

If you go supercharger, you will need a pod setup as the pipe is offset and larger diameter. I would recommend a Harrop kit - includes everything you need. If you choose an intercooled kit, then you won't need a pod either.

does that set up go, air filter then maf then into the engine? what i am trying to workout if thats the maf between the air filter and the engine.

Yes... This is the only OTRCAI that lets you retain the MAF. It comes setup for MAFless but a hacksaw on the pre-marked line fixes that. You just need to buy one extra hose clamp as the OEM setup only has three. For MAFless you need two but for retaining the MAF you need 4 hose clamps.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I bought a CAI on ebay from "orgional parts company" Very happy with the product and the service. Only thing I did extra was make an extra bracket to hold the pod filter from moving around behind the driving light. I also made an air scoop underneath the body to force cold air into it.

Attachments

• Cold Air Induction.2.jpg
    Cold Air Induction.2.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 1,592
  • Cold air induction air-scoop.jpg
    Cold air induction air-scoop.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 4,388