Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve V6 Cai Kits

vt com

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
As the title suggest I am researching CAI kits for the v6, I had the exhaust system done today and I am looking at a CAI kit. I have found info on the ss inductions growler kit but not much else.

What options do I have for kits and where would I buy them?
What kits have been used by you fellow enthusiests and which ones are reccomended?

or should I just run wuth a K&N filter?

Thanks Guys

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Don't they already come with cold air intake?? From factory. Only difference is its not over the radiator.

vt com

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
Can't you just use an OTRCAI, the same as for the 6L?? They seem pretty similar in setup with the V6 and V8.

I am not sure, the ones that I have read up about require some sort of a tune

vt com

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
Don't they already come with cold air intake?? From factory. Only difference is its not over the radiator.
Not sure, possibly. I would imagine that an aftermarket kit would give better results though

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
nope the v8 otr's don't fit the ve and don't expect an ve alloytec otr anytime soon. there is the bta motorsport alloytec otr but i don't like the idea of laying the radiator back. ss grower does nothing just buy a hiflow panel. the stock setup is ok. get a hi flow panel and wait for a decent otr.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
ss grower does nothing

Have to disagree mate. Had a growler on the VE Calais and it was INSTANTLY more responsive. May not make much more power but it's a MUCH better car to drive :D

Ended up with 150rwkw out of my 195kw VE Calais. Not too shabby. But I like the 260rwkw I have now more :p

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
there is the bta motorsport alloytec otr but i don't like the idea of laying the radiator back. Just buy a hiflow panel. the stock setup is ok. get a hi flow panel and wait for a decent otr.

100% agree with above :yeah:. A decent one will come out eventually.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Castle Hill were working on one, think its finished.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
nope spoke to Dale at CHE on saturday, he said there is not enough room between the throttle body and the radiator on the VE alloytec once you put the maf there. have to wait for mafless. or try something else.

i bought a airhammer once it arrives i'll be back on the dyno i'll lets yous know how it goes.