Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Suspension and Exhaust

VERobbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V
Hi,
I've just joined and thought I'd better share a picture before asking advice, great discussions here and I learn more about my car everytime I open the forum. :thumbsup:

I just put 18's on my VE V and am looking at lowering with Pedders sportrider coils. Anyone else have them and how much lower did you go.

I also want to get some sort of an exhaust note without drone, spoke to a shop the other day in Canberra and got told they couldn't do it without drone. Anyone successfully changed their pipes without going deaf inside the car.

thanks

Attachments

• 100_1353.jpg
    100_1353.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,026

eddieve06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Hi

In relation to your exhaust questions finding a decent exhaust system or rear mufflers for the alloytec is hard unless you are happy to spend around $1000 just for rear mufflers which they say are drone free but until I hear one I would not fork out that sort of money.

Going larger than the 2.25 i've been told is not going to help either.

I put lukey ultraflow mufflers on my sv6, the mufflers were for the ve ss and it droned badly, very badly. i then put to larger hot dogs in the centre which reduced the drone by about 60% but i still get the boom and drone in the lower rev range. I looked at some custom rear mufflers and as i said i cant justify a grand for them at this stage without hearing them and without getting a guarantee they dont drone.

The exhaust system flows quite well, i saw the internals of the centre section where the dogs and muffler are are they are straight through. The alloytec is barky so it can get quite loud and harsh.

After all that and spending money on trying these different things i'm going to be putting hsv r8 mufflers on it in a few weeks, it will obviously restrict it again but a few people who have them on have said that is sounds nicer than stock and seems to flow slightly better. i just want the drone gone so hopfully in a few weeks it will be back to normal with a slightly nicer sound.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I have pedders on my VE 30-40mm drop from memory, I'm happy with them the ride is still fine and sticks to the corners better now, I found it to be sort of floaty thru the corners/roundabouts etc with the stock suspension. And 18's look fine on a VE esp when you get it lowered! :yeah:

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Yeah I have Pedders Sports Ryders on mine too. Can't remember how much it dropped, it was a fair bit though. Just had the new Pedders Sports Ryder Shockies/Struts fitted front and rear as well, because my stock ones were stuffed! Not sure if the lower springs stufffed them or if they were faulty from factory. But because I fitted the lower springs holden wouldn't replace them under warranty. So just went and got the Pedders one fitted. Drives a lot nicer now. Before it was bouncing all over the place, but that was just because the shockies were stuffed. The shockies were pretty expensive though, i'm pretty sure that pedders are the only ones with these sports/shortened shocks for the VE's. I know you can get coilovers from other companies like tein and the likes but i'm pretty sure pedders is the only ones that do the sports/shortened shockies.

I had the exhaust done on mine, not too sure on the specific details but I know it's got peacemaker headers and not sure whether its 2.25 or 2.5inch pipes. Also has some sort of muffler/resonator but not sure what brand/type. It does drone quite bad between 2000-3000 rpm but I put up with it because it sounds awesome past 3000!

I don't have any before and after pics but here are some pics below with the sports ryder springs fitted

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 956
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,605
  • 12072008015.jpg
    12072008015.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 878

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
there is a good thread in the vz section for exhaust's, it was noted that a single 3inch or twin 2.5's is prefered cause single 2.5's sound terrible, but do give it more go.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Hi,
I've just joined and thought I'd better share a picture before asking advice, great discussions here and I learn more about my car everytime I open the forum. :thumbsup:

I just put 18's on my VE V and am looking at lowering with Pedders sportrider coils. Anyone else have them and how much lower did you go.

I also want to get some sort of an exhaust note without drone, spoke to a shop the other day in Canberra and got told they couldn't do it without drone. Anyone successfully changed their pipes without going deaf inside the car.

thanks

From what I know, drone can be avoided. but you might need to spend the bucks.

Even though I have looked into it for a V8, these guys can do a custom system without drone : www.CityCustomExhaust.com.au. They are in Braddon, but as I said this might cost a bit to do. I am sure they would do a V6.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Speak to Cousin Slow Poke, he had a 6 pretty sure he had the exhaust done too.

VERobbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V
Got the suspension done. Pedders sports ryder coils. Lowered 35 mm. Looks heaps better and handle like a different car. Highly recommended.:thumbsup:

Might have to wait for the pipes, Wife thinks I spent enough:cry:.

Thanks for the advice.