Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cat Back Sports Exhaust Options For VE SS Commodore

Jameson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS V
Hello,

Pondering on the idea of buying a cat back sports exhaust for my VE SS Commodore.

Have narrowed it down to 2 brands that i think would be the best for performance and sound: Hi Tech Mufflers and Walkinshaw.

Would really like to hear opinions from people that may have purchased either of these brands and any other recommandations for VE Commodore sports exhausts.

Appreciate any help on offer...

BEE 444

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Sportswagon/Vt LS1 6spd
I have just put an F1 system from MR MUFFLER on my ssv wagon sounds fantastic and no drone, might be worth a call??

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
I'm thinking of buying the Walkinshaw myself !

I sent them an E-mail , and the reply was great with all the details I needed :)

if their work as good as their replays, I'll say go with them ;)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What are they worth guys and what gains do they claim? Thinking about turning up the wick on mine at some stage.

Reaper

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
some ppl will just install the mufflers ..... and that just ,,, useless

when installing the whole "system" you would have better sound "louder"

and the engine will be able to breath easier " 'Specially when having a CAI"

they are kinda expensive :

Walkinshaw says that it will give 6-8 kW, for 2.050 - 2.150 ..

:)

ve ss man

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
i think the best sounding exaust from what ive heard is walkinshaw and kpm sound good too. you tube is good to hear the different sounds of exaust systems on ve ss.When i do my ve ss i want headers too and cold airbox but at the moment in the same boat as u, still deciding what i want to put on it.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
I went for the Manta, twin stainless 3" catback.. No drone and has a great throaty sound...

This is the only clip I have of it and it wasn't the best recording device, but will give you an idea..

Jameson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS V
Hello,

Thank you all for the reply, I have opted for the Hitech Muffler cat back loud system and had it fitted last week and I have to say I’m quite happy with the purchase.
Lambros at Hitech was more than helpful and provided with various options if I was not happy with the loud set-up.
The sound is awesome, looks great and the response has improved, I will try to get around to posting a sound file soon.
However there was a small issue of drone due to the straight back design so I had to do some DIY sound proofing around the tailgate and under the rear seat which reduced the drone a bit and made it more tolerant in the car.
Overall I feel it was well worth the money and would highly recommend Hitech Mufflers to anyone looking to invest in a cat back system for a VE Commodore.

peterj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 Berlina
I'm getting the Manta 2.5 ss catback fitted to mine on tuesday with a tune and an otrcai.