Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 exhaust

Ph47VE

PH47VE
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Sv6 Ute
Hey guys,

im lookin to put an exhaust sytem on my ve ute.wat wud sound gud?

regards jack

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
on a V6? Leave it stock. They end up drining like hell or sounding like a WWII fighter plane.

Ph47VE

PH47VE
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Sv6 Ute

Even with extractors nd high flow cats?i just want a bit of rumble nothing to extreme.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I had a full system, pacie 4 into 1's, high flow cats, dual 2.5 cat back, cross pipe, hot dogs and mufflers. It was OK but droney.

Managed to tune the V6 to just shy of 150rwkw though.

Ph47VE

PH47VE
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Sv6 Ute
Nd tht was on a 6?i jus wana kno wat mine will sound like nd if itll kinda rumble like a v8.nd will i lose power?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
yes that was on my V6 Calais. You won't lose power but the only way to get the V8 rumble, is to get a V8.

Ph47VE

PH47VE
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Sv6 Ute
ok ill look more into it. if any more ideas pls let me kno

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Hey mate. I drive/own a 09 SV6 and i have a full xforce 2.25 system. Extractors and highlow cats. And im extreamly happy with the sound. If i do it again, ill go 2.5 as for my personall liking, its not loud enough but stil really loud. Yes it does drone, if urs manuel then ull have less drone and if u keep the car on abit high revs itll be fine.
You will never get it to sound like a 8 man sorry but yeah. SSV muflers are a cheap way of getting ur car to sound. but u wont have any preformance increase. If ur not really into preformance increase and just want an exhaust just take the mufflers off and drive it up and down ur street and see if you like it. But no that without mufflers it sounds like a wet fart, way to loud and drones like a bitch. but itll give u an idea of what it is.
Also i felt huge difference in power.
Enjoy buddy