Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ute stereo

Ph47VE

PH47VE
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Sv6 Ute
The bog stock stereo is a pathetic excuse for entertainment.i am lookin to upgrade my speakers.hw wud i do this? and which speakers do u guys recommend?

thanks

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
All depends on what you're after, and how much you want to spend. Do you want to just replace the speakers which will give you a bit better sound but still limited by the head unit's internal amp. Or did you want to get an amp as well which will give you a significant improvement in sound quality and loudness?

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
VE Speakers

Does anyone know know the size of the standard speakers in the VE front doors and what size can be installed without any mods?
Thanks for your help guys.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
G'day mate, I'm not sure on the size of the original speakers I think they are either 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" but you can definitely fit 6 1/2" straight into the factory mounting bracket. I have these 7" speakers and they fitted straight in with no modifications. It's the depth of the speaker you have to watch out for though. I don't think it can take too much more that 70-75mm. Most 6 1/2's are around that deep anyway though so you should be right.

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
VE Speakers

Thanks mate, thats the info I needed. How deep are the Dynaudio 242 GT speakers as the spec sheet doesn't mention it? The speakers I am thinking of are 70mm deep so you reckon they should be OK?

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
The "GT" represents a slimmer version of the 242. The 242's are 67mm deep and the 242 GT's (the ones I have) are 62mm deep. The audio place that sold them too me said that I should go with the GT's just to be sure that they will fit. However I am pretty confident that 70mm should be ok.

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
VE Speakers

Thanks for the info

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
The stock speaker in a VE is a 6 inch. You can fit any 6 and half inch speaker in the door as you have a mounting depth of around 100mm. You only have to increase the diameter of the factory plastic speaker housing with a jigsaw.

bilston83

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
I replaced the factory fronts in my 2009 ve ss ute with bostion accoustic prose 6.5inch components, and there is no modifications what so ever. They fit right in. Plenty of room!