Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2008 VE Omega

Yonkers

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE MY08 Omega
I'm a new member and first time poster. I found this forum doing research for purchasing my VE.

I recently purchased a 2008 VE Omega. This is my 4th Commodore. My previous one's were VH, VK & VR.

The VE is a standard V6 with SV6 Alloys and spoiler.

In the 5 weeks I've had it, the dealer has had to replace a faulty O2 sensor and I've replaced the dead battery.

Car05.jpgCar07.jpgCar06.jpg

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
looks good mate :)

how many kms?

i had to replace two cat convorters one was under waranty the other one wasnt hahah and i have the 2010 sidi haha

what are your plans for your omega?
I'm a new member and first time poster. I found this forum doing research for purchasing my VE.

I recently purchased a 2008 VE Omega. This is my 4th Commodore. My previous one's were VH, VK & VR.

The VE is a standard V6 with SV6 Alloys and spoiler.

In the 5 weeks I've had it, the dealer has had to replace a faulty O2 sensor and I've replaced the dead battery.

View attachment 131906View attachment 131905View attachment 131907

Yonkers

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE MY08 Omega
It has just over 86,000kms. I'm thinking about adding extra HP to the engine because it feels a bit gutless compared to my other Commodores I've owned.

I'm going to check with the dealer as to what I can and can't do so I don't void the warranty on it. When I purchased the car, it came with a 3 year warranty (as opposed to 3 month) and I get free tyres for life.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Free tyres for life!?!?! should have got a V8 you could send them broke :p As far as getting a little more sting out the the engine I would go the an SSV exhaust, a new air intake OTR or something and a tune then see how she feels. Check my thread below if you want some modding ideas.

ozrockracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute Series III
How do you get free tyres for life? is this some kind of incentive program?

Yonkers

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE MY08 Omega
Thanks for the feedback guys. It's appreciated. I'll look into it.

I didn't actually get the car from a Holden Dealer. My local Holden dealer had next to nothing in the 2nd hand VE Commodore range with reasonable k's on it. I actually got the car from my local Ford Dealer. When I looked at it, it hadn't been detailed as it only arrived 2 days earlier. The dealership was having a 3 day sale so as well as being $2,000 off the marked price there was a 3 year warranty and "tyres for life" deal included.

Yonkers

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE MY08 Omega
How much did you buy it for?

JoeRogan - As I paid extra for lifetime paint protection, I also got some freebies with that. All up it was just on the $19k mark. It also gets just over 800ks on a tank on the open road.

I haven't had a chance to do anything to it as I've just come back from a long overseas trip and need save some dosh.

Yonkers.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Lifetime paint protection - you were conned. I really wish dealers were held accountable for their lies! I hate that so many people get sucked in to dealer paint protection when a $300 car detail by a professional detailer would yield better, longer lasting results.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Lifetime paint protection - you were conned. I really wish dealers were held accountable for their lies! I hate that so many people get sucked in to dealer paint protection when a $300 car detail by a professional detailer would yield better, longer lasting results.

They tried that crap on my Dad when he got his VE, they tried to tell him because he got a vibrant colour (voodoo blue) that the paint will fade after a few years. Dad's response was "Are you telling me that a billion dollars of car development and decades of paint development and Holden paint will fade in a few years?". The woman was just sort of standing there speechless lol.

As you say Rufys, get a detailer to give your paint a proper clean and restoration - much better value for money.