Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Water leaking ALL over front passenger floor

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
I have a Redline auto and picked up just before Xmas 2013. My boss has a SSV.
Today he tells me the front passenger carpet is saturated with water (the wife's handbag got wet and that's how they found the fault)
I checked my Redline at smoko and the same thing - the whole floor on the passenger front side is saturated with water - like a wet sponge.
I am dissappointed (and so it my boss) we bought these cars and love them - but at 52k and 58k and they leak really sucks.
Anyone out there have the same problem?
If you have not looked - then look now and check under your VF commodore front passenger mats
Thanks
Fred

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
are they still under warranty , its your air conditioner , condensation pipe blocked so its running in on the floor . but I be letting your dealer no. just did a quick check on Google , looks like a common problem with the ve and vf , so the dealer would no how much to fix. it be your a/c for shore :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Thanks Hotrod, yes its the air con for sure. Its a great car, but I cannot understand why when it was a problem with the VE that Holden did not address these issues and put in place a design fix prior to the release of the VF. What makes matters worse is that my car has already been in for its 3000km Free check. If they knew that it could have some 'carry over faults from VE' then they have already had the opportunity to place their hand on the floor and say 'yeh this ones got the prob'
The car is 2 months old and I expect has been leaking for 2 months - I have the rubber mats so probably would never have seen it for many months - its only my boss has the carpet mats and wife handbag got wet that I checked mine.

Why does Holden hide these issue from its loyal buyers concerns me the most.
The car is great - I love it, its the best car I have ever had. I am still learning how to drive it - but that FE3 suspension is amazing - the car sits so flat on the bends - thanks

13SSVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV m6 Sedan
Thanks Hotrod, yes its the air con for sure. Its a great car, but I cannot understand why when it was a problem with the VE that Holden did not address these issues and put in place a design fix prior to the release of the VF. What makes matters worse is that my car has already been in for its 3000km Free check. If they knew that it could have some 'carry over faults from VE' then they have already had the opportunity to place their hand on the floor and say 'yeh this ones got the prob'
The car is 2 months old and I expect has been leaking for 2 months - I have the rubber mats so probably would never have seen it for many months - its only my boss has the carpet mats and wife handbag got wet that I checked mine.

Why does Holden hide these issue from its loyal buyers concerns me the most.
The car is great - I love it, its the best car I have ever had. I am still learning how to drive it - but that FE3 suspension is amazing - the car sits so flat on the bends - thanks

I wounder how common this is for the vf. Could it be 1 in 10 etc? Iv done 3000 kms since august last year so hardly drive it but it worrys me it could happen at anytime. Apparrntly its a bummed grommet that seals fire wall around condensation tube. Where is this bloodu grommet. Im **** scared mines got it cause no one sits in passenger seat. Iv never really had to feel the floor. I clesn the mats bout it lol. Ill check yonight. I feel for ya fred mate it really is a pain

13SSVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV m6 Sedan
Will it leak in the car on both hot and cold? Im going to test. Does it do it straight away?

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Water leaking seems to be a common issue. One of my employees drove his ssv in the rain the other day and the rear passenger floor was soaked with water. No other foot well had water in it

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I had the exact same issue!

Just that in my case it was with a '89 BMW 318i.

Good to see where the Holden build qualify benchmark is. :p

But anyway, best to get it to the dealer to fix asap. Also get them to dry the carpet properly for you.

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
I am not sure. The dealer told me not to use the air con until it gets fixed as it will only make matters worse. It was dam hot driving to work yesterday with no air - I thought I was living in the 70's

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Yes its interesting was percentage are affected. I can only say - we have 2 at mine work and both have the fault. It would be interesting to check a few demo models on the yard

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
yip it seems every car maker has some sort of fault , so what's the go there they spend thousands to perfect cars but yet they have flaws , are they doing this on purpose so they make more money out of the consumer? you think some think like a drain pipe shouldn't be an issue , what are these engineers doing. its a conspiracy to me , away to make more money for businesses.