Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Hi all,
Does anybody have any info on the VF's reverse camera guidelines, or lack of guidelines?
My misses car has them, and the lines turn in response to the direction of the car which I have found really helpful, reversing is a breeze and elimates any rim gutter rash on kerbs as the guidelines are very accurate.
Not sure if its just a setting in mylink, a software update or a deficiency of the actual reverse camera.
I have checked out the chevy forums too and their lack of guidelines on their mylink systems have also come up with no definitive answers, was hoping someone on here maybe able to shed a bit more light on this. For all the awesome gear on this car, this is my only gripe, so not bad I guess.

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
ndwalters, owning a VF & working with reverse cameras, you may know, would it be possible to replace the standard camera with another item?

The high-def screen makes the pic look very fuzzy & the camera also seems to give a wide-angle view which is good for spotting objects I suppose but not fantastic for judging depths, etc like other camera setups I've seen.

& if it means guidelines could potentially be added that would be even better...

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
ndwalters, owning a VF & working with reverse cameras, you may know, would it be possible to replace the standard camera with another item?

The high-def screen makes the pic look very fuzzy & the camera also seems to give a wide-angle view which is good for spotting objects I suppose but not fantastic for judging depths, etc like other camera setups I've seen.

& if it means guidelines could potentially be added that would be even better...

I dont see any reason you couldnt replace it with an off the shelf camera. Theyre all the same, they use 12vDC and composite video. You just need to find one that fits the mount...

J

Jingle Bells

I have found the reversing camera to be a little bit fuzzy...not true technicolour......but the wide angle is great.....I thought at first it may have a protective layer of clear plastic over the camera that you had to peel off.....but this was not the case...as other optical devise's on the market.

Does any one know of a wide angle camera like that installed on the VF....so that I can install it on my VE ute...maybe the ndwalters post above may be able to help me with a product.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The technology in reversing cameras is a little behind that of CCTV cameras, so the colour reproduction and horizontal resolution is not nearly as good. Most cameras will be a wide angle though.

Have a look here

Most wide angle CCTV cameras have similar performance issues past the designated focal point which is typically 1 metre or so.
Good ones can do better but the price increases accordingly.

I would also prefer a upgraded camera with the guidelines and will have a look at what is available.

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Flukey if you come across anything please let us know