Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV headers and cats to fit 6.0 MY14 Redline

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
Hey Guys, I have Acquired some VF HSV Clubsport Headers and Cats, will these fit the standard rear section of my cars Exhaust for time being until I get it to my tuner who will be fitting a cat back at the same time?? Thanks In advance.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes, they will fit!

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Yes, but make sure you use the flange joint at the cat back. It will help with alignment Don't remove the flange gasket and bolt them.

Take the plugs out to avoid damage. The dipstick needs to come out and just unscrew the O2 sensors don't need to disconnect. Just count the number of turns as you unscrew.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
thanks for these tips as well guys. I bought HSV LS3 340 headers and cats to fit to my VFII LS3. Im hopping for a better note and maybe just a few more kW when tuned. Cheers

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Would love to find out how they go and any improvement... I'm waiting for my SSV Redline LS3 and had the exact same question... 304kW vs more ... no comparison!

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Where are you all finding the 340KW LS3 HSV headers & cats?? I can't seem to find any :supersad:
Also, how much are you guys paying for them?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I got in early while people were still buying LS3 clubsports brand new & upgrading their exhausts. Got a brand new set with 100km on them for about $200

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
I got in early while people were still buying LS3 clubsports brand new & upgrading their exhausts. Got a brand new set with 100km on them for about $200

Damn that's cheap.. Did you just go to an exhaust shop or was it a private sale?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If you can get the HSV headers and cats at a real low price then they can make a relatively cheap upgrade but be aware the original owners are getting rid of them for a reason.

Depending on what route your mods are taking more power can be made from many aftermarket supplied exhaust components.