Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 11 Mag wheel scuffs

Zechy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commadore MY16 VF Series 11 Calais
Hi all, first post so if this isnt the right section, Mods please move.

I have a question, I purchased my Calais VF and I dint notice that every wheel had scuff marks on them.
Yes, I did look at the rims, however it was the Thursday which dark and gloomy and Clarige Holdens at Unley park the car at the back of the under cover lot, plus being blinded by the 6.2 ltr power, lols

They have stated they would fix them and If I didnt like it, they would replace them. (well obviously Id have to fight tooth and nail for new ones, I bet).

So my question is, can they be repaired to the new standard one should expect on a new/demo car ?

any sound advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers

R

Risky

If this car is new then the wheels should be replaced.

'Fixing' them means they put a bit of bog on, smooth it out & repaint it, or they just repaint it.

Demand new wheels if this new car was delivered to you in this fashion & complain to either the dealer principal &/or Holden itself. If it's a demo they'll tell you it's been driven round a bit but more than likely it'll have been driven by some knob in the yard.

Zechy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes its a demo, however they informed me of the issue, also stated that they will repair or replace if not satisfied. The front left hand tyre also has a approx 5 mm or more piece of tyre rubber knocked out, I cant see any wire though.
Im no mechanic or expert and really far from so I have no clue if the tyre and mag

R

Risky

It would help if you posted pics so we had an idea.

I'd still push for new ones. A demo car should not have marks on it's wheels if it's to be sold & if it does, you should have gotten more off the price.

My other vehicle a Suzuki Grand Vitara I ordered new & it came with steel wheels but I ordered alloys. When I went to pick it up & notified them of the stuff up, they gave me a sat-nav to apologise & this was back in 2009.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If it's a flaw in the surface of the wheels, they should be replaced. If you bought a demo with gutter rashes wheels, buyer beware.
I have a series I CalaisV and had four rims replaced at about 65,000km because of spiderwebbing under the clear coat, no questions asked, it was a flaw in the finished surface.
If they have offered to replace them, take them up on their offer.
Alternatively, have the wheels refinished in a colour that you like.

Zechy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the advice..
I woll upload some pics tomorrow. ..

So for a demo it is buyer beware ?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
In simple terms - a demo is a used car.

As such you buy the vehicle with the cosmetics as is unless you make any agreed requests as part of the purchase agreement.

You'll also notice the warranty started when it was first registered and not when you bought it.

This is a lesson in always inspecting a vehicle in good light and keep your fingers crossed that they will repair if not replace them under good will warranty.

Many people have their rims repaired so it's not the end of the world and at least the repair will give a good appearance even though new rims would always be the preferred option.

Zechy

Reaction score
Members Ride
For some reason the pictures Ive taken will not upload in my garage ...

Anyways, I thankyou all for your advice, lets see how this goes as I will try for new rims. I will keep ya all posted on the out come.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
gl mate, you were made aware and accepted delivery.

I don't expect them to do anything but you never know if you don't say something.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
For starters there's absolutely nothing wrong with cosmetically repaired wheels. Wheel repair is a big business, any reputable shop will know what they're doing and you generally won't be able to tell it was ever retouched. To push the dealer for new wheels altogether, I think that's in bad taste. Being (technically) a used car, it's sold as-is when it comes to cosmetic condition. Many dealers would have told you tough luck, which is fair as they would have factored the repair into the deal they made (wheel repairs are pricey, particularly for 4 wheels with a machined face, they will likely spend at least $600). Unless there's something structurally wrong with the wheel (which won't be the case), you may come across as a bit of a dick pressuring them for brand new ones.

Best of luck though.