Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E-check (pink slip)and other mechanics.

Dad&Andy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 3.0
Does anyone know if I can have my nsw e-check signed off by a different mechanic to the one that originally inspected the car?

Dad&Andy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 3.0
After talking to another authorised inspector, I've answered this question myself. If your vehicle is logged on the rta e-check system and fails, you receive a white slip with listed defects. You must take the vehicle to the same authorised inspection station after defects rectified. If you have only been advised of problems (no white slip), you can take it to anyone you like.

spannerturner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Twin Turbo (my goal)
Does anyone know if I can have my nsw e-check signed off by a different mechanic to the one that originally inspected the car?

no you are not allowed to take it to any other mechanic/ inspector, you must rectify the problems which have been logged, unless as it was stated that you had only been advised of what problems need to be looked at getting fixed, another words it was just a quick look over your car an nothing had been recorded, then yes by all means take it else where if you wish but if anything has been logged in then you MUST return to the same mechanic/ inspector....

Good luck mate....:thumbsup:

(my appologies, just re-read your post which you had replied the answer my mistake....)