Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spigot bush vl commodore

A

alarna

hi guys i am changing my vl commodore from auto to manual and i can't get the spigot bush out any ideas i have pulled it, tried to split it, and wd40 and greased it up :mad: :mad: I NEDD HELP PLEASE

A

alarna

need help please

hi
i am changing vl from auto to manual and i can't get the spigot bush out i have greased it up, wd40 it , tried to split it but it won't budge PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
u need a bent screwdriver or somthing you can get a set of multi grips on and stick the screwy in and belt the multigrips as hard as you can

V

VL_WAGON

Try finding a bolt that fits snug, pump it full of grease and give a tap, should hydraulic it out. this works for me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
lol i replied to you and all the things i mentioned you've tried. Go with HDT, you need to force it somehow and the only way is to jam something in there and pull it.

Can you tap a thread or something. Heard of a slide hammer at all. You try to wedge a bolt or something in there but before you do, attach the bolt to a long bracket and then once the bolt is in there, hit zee bracket with zee hammer.

V

VL_WAGON

Try finding a bolt that fits snug, pump it full of grease and give a tap, should hydraulic it out. this works for me

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
double posting, shut this one down and use other

V

VL_WAGON

he is talking about the bush in the fly wheel right?? if so please try it my way its so easy

R

rattattack1313

easiest way I have found to get them out is to get a drift (punch thingie)...and rip up some newspaper and wet it...then jam a few bits of wet paper into the hole in the middle of the bush..right down inside the tube ......a bit more wet paper....then get the drift and a hammer.....put drift in hole in middle of the spigot bush, and tap away..it will push the wet newspaper behind the bush, and lift it up.....a bit of fiddling around but it works..........

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
yes grease packed in there works every time!!