Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vL v8 exhaust system onto VK?

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
will the exhaust from a vl fit into a vk calais? both cars are factory v8s, the extractors are HM..... as far as i can tell the vk and vl floor pans are identical...can anyone confirm?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
as long as it fits around the steering and stuff itll be ok. im pretty sure they are the same as well.

be careful if you are buying second hand extractors. new is well worth the extra $$ in case the others are hiding rust or warped.... and sometimes they can only be machined a few mm.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
VL 6s have a raise under the passenger seat where the cat sits, I wouldn't have a clue if this is the same in the V8s or not but I know it at the very least stops us from straight swapping VB-VK passenger side seats into a VL RB30 (don't know about V8)/vice versa..

Now I don't know if this would have anything to do with exhausts but I thought I'd point it out.. hope all goes well mate

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
interesting point, my V8 has the cat in the same spot. i didnt realise there was a difference in the shape of the floor pan from VK to VL

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Cane_It said:
will the exhaust from a vl fit into a vk calais? both cars are factory v8s, the extractors are HM..... as far as i can tell the vk and vl floor pans are identical...can anyone confirm?

I doubt a VL exhaust would fit. VL's had the cat converter next to the tranny tunnel at about the front of the passenger seat. No cats on VK's. I'm sure it could be made to fit with some minor tube fabrication though.

Reaper

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
fingers crossed, its at the garage getting a heart transplant so hopefully it works. its all flange fittings so it might just need a pipe fab'd with flanges to link the collectors to the rest of the exhaust, wish i'd looked for the indentation for the cat. I did a cursory check to see if the fixing points matched and they did, oh well fingers crossed