Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spark Plug Help

sk00bs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
Im trying to change the spark plugs in my VL but not having any luck. I have the right tools and everything but the old plugs are in firmly. I've been told that i dont want to put to much pressure on them in case they break. Im pretty sure i'm doing everything right. The 5/8 spark plug socket fits fine. I am turning anti-clockwise, any suggestions? or should i just keep turning harder?

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
try spraying some wd40 or sumthin down the hole......let it soak in for bout 5-10 mins.....may help also try using a t-bar instead of a ratchet.....a little harder to get in but puts the turning force on more evenly....

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
if they snap they snap. as long as nothing drops into the cylinder you'll be fine. I just changed mine and snapped three of them. you'll only stuff the thread by over tightening. try the WD40 and put more force into it. you'll be right.

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
the plugs are very hard to change, keep the plug spanner upright to stop breaking the insulators
a universal joint in the extension helps on the centre plugs, be very careful and patient
avoid cross threading the plug which is easy to do
may help to put a length of plastic tube over the insulator to start in the thread by hand
be sure to put some oil on the threads, graphite powder is said to be best by some?