Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Book

SuperStar

Reaction score
If i was to get one of them books that describes everything to do with the VL Commodore (mainly V8) Which is the best book to get? Can i get some opinions for you guys, which i best in your opinion. Which do yo swear by? I heard there are basically 3 to choose from. But i dont want to have 3 books which id hardly use, aposed to 1 book which id use quite often.

Thanks.

Charles.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
pop down to your local supercheap and get a gregories workshop manual for your VL....shows you how to do everything lists instructions has diagrams and tells you what tools you need for the job

niggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Yeah - the 'G' manual is the go IMO

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah I've had the old greg manual for a while, he's not too specific but he gives you enough info.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
yeah bextor is right at times it can be really vague but if you re read it you normally see where its going

SuperStar

Reaction score
So sound like its gregories then. Might nip into Supercheap friday n get one.

G

Grantis1976

Mate, I think the "Max Ellery" manuals explain things alittle better, but the Gregorys give MUCH better quality photos to use as a guide. I've had trouble trying to figure out afew things in the Ellerys due to the poor quality photos and hand drawn pics, as they can be mistaken for something else.

To answer your Q.- Go Gregory's !

SuperStar

Reaction score
Well i went into SuperCheap today, only to find that they dint have any V8 VL Gregorys books. I asked a guy about it, and he said that they were printed but they never make it out of the factory. And that i could try getting a book through Holden, but that in his opinion it would cost a **** load. He used to have a V8 also, and said he searched hi and lo for one. In the end he ended up selling the car, and converted to FORD. (i was like wtf!)

But as the story goes, Most of the auto shops in ballarat dont have them, Does anyone know of where i can find a Gregorys VL V8 Berlina Book?

SuperStar

Reaction score
Ok, i did a little research and all i can find is the Max Ellery Book. Whick covers the six and eight cylnder. (as i want the eight cylnder version). Has anyone had a look at this version? What do you guys think? its $50.

Does anyone have have GWM for the v8 they would be interested in selling me.

The other option would be to get the haynes book. Which i heard isnt the best out there...

thanks.

charles.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Go into your local bookshop and ask him if they could find it..