Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl turns over but won't bloody start

J

jolea68

Could someone please tell me what is happening to my car. The other day driving along and lost power in excellerator and then car wouldn't start, turns over everytime, wiggled wires to fuel pump and then it worked, but only once took to electrician he changed crank angle sensor, all good for two days and then it all happens again, there is noise coming from fuel pump, and alarm is turned off and it has spark ? :ranting: cheers Jo

muffman001

Reaction score
Website
nfateam.informe.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina soon to be turbo'd
Not Starting

hi there on the battrie termanal + there is 2 plugs at the back of itone of themis for the fule pump check that is not correaded take em boath out and make shure the connection is a copper colour not a dark colouror or a plain white just get a flat head screw driver and scrach the copper may help u out

there is also anothere connection up the back behind the drivers side wheel
u should check that one too

also my car wouldnt start for 2 years and i found out it was the hoses from the throttal body to the top of the motor letting in air. And petrol was not getting in cause comp was telling the car to mutch air not enought petrol getting to injectors i replaed hoses started instenly ?

so check hoses and battrie termanal plugs under the red terminal couver

tell me how it goes its better to spend bugger all first and find out the prob with little test than spend a heap on parts and find out bugger all

rekless driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
i think it could be your computer playing up

rekless driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
i think it could be your computer playing up. Get a new one from the wrecker for $50 bucks

ghostmobile

Reaction score
Members Ride
87vl
well similar sounding to my prob if accelerate it dies?in fuel tank is a fuel pump aswell, the hose joining this to fuel line had perished changed it goes well,this prob had been happening for 6 months easy changed everything,the fuel was sitting abve steel fuel line so we think the outside pump could suck it up but when hitting under half tank would play up,let me know how it goes also on the fuel pump inside tank is a mesh sack give that a clean aswell

DenchY

project status = ongoing
Reaction score
Members Ride
86' VL 323ci
its staving for fuel.. if u push gas and it dies like u said.

i'd be checking the fuel filter then the fuel pumps, then computer :)

at worst it could be blocked injectors.. that happens now and then

gl

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
well try taking out the fuel reg and see if fuel comes out under pressure and if it doesnt then investigate further down the line towards the tank

My Car Pwns

16 Mths Suspended Lisence
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fully Sick Push Bike Uleh!
check fuel lines.. to see if petrol comes out, if it does, let it all come out (whatever wants to squirt out) you've probably flooded the engine trying to start it so many times.. this happened to me last week..

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
wont start

jolea68 said:
Could someone please tell me what is happening to my car. The other day driving along and lost power in excellerator and then car wouldn't start, turns over everytime, wiggled wires to fuel pump and then it worked, but only once took to electrician he changed crank angle sensor, all good for two days and then it all happens again, there is noise coming from fuel pump, and alarm is turned off and it has spark ? :ranting: cheers Jo
crank angle sensor changes are a quick buck for sparkies, any way loop the pressure sensor for injector rail straight to inlet, by pass that crappy solenoid and make sure the power transistor sitting on the dizzy connectors are tight, one is an odd type, if you have to, replace one at a time with standard female insulated terminals so you dont get them back wards, another thing i found out, also resposible for high speed miss, that 50 cent part, with no number on it, convenient Mr nissan, runs the whole shooting match including crank angle sensor, coil, and talks to ecu, hope this helps, mine doesnt go now, ran out fuel having fun. remember the fuel pressure sensor loop to plenum! stops fuel starving, if you cut out again pull out number 2 relay under bonnet the one onleft and pop in/out it will trigger the pumps to pressure injector rail, usually works, untill you loop sensor