Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VL Fuel Tank

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Hi, I have recently installed a 12" pioneer sub in the boot. It was making the boot lid rattle like crazy, so i sikaflexed the frame of the lid to the outer "skin". That got rid of the boot lid vibrations but now the boot floor is vibrating against the fuel tank.

How hard is it to remove the fuel tank and put a rubber/foam sheet ontop and put the tank back on??? What is involved in this???

Thanks

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
not hard to remove tank. I did it from my mates wreck. It has "belts" strapped across it. Undo bolts to free straps & you might not even need to get fuel filler neck out cus you want to put it straight back in? Try working around it?

D.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
be careful of the secondary fuel pump too.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Ok cool...Ive heard that if you remove your fuel tank that you will probly have to replace the fuel line because they crack when you remove them? Is this true, and would i have to remove them if you reckon im only going to need to lower it a bit???

Also what and where is the secondary fuel pump and what do i need to be careful about.

Thanks guys(and girls)