Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel stud patterns

M

mutant

rang these guys at tyre joint asked if hq dragways will fit on my vl they say no,then i see some one on ebay sayin he has wheels that fit hq-wb and commodores who's right and who's wrong.anyone know for sure?

smithy73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
From what a remember a mate of mine (who owned an HQ) telling me that HQ wheels will fit on the studs but not necessarily under the guard.

Given that the stud pattern is the same except the offset is different.

Please note: I'm an electrician - only know what I'm told 'bout wheels and stuff.:unsure:

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
People put them on, but they don't fit properly and eventually the nuts work themselves loose. Don't buy them - the tyre shop is right

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
mutant said:
rang these guys at tyre joint asked if hq dragways will fit on my vl they say no

Physically, they will fit. The problem is that the hub is the wrong size. This means that the wheel studs take all the force and will eventually break, because they aren't meant to be taking any weight. On a properly fitting wheel, that's the hub's job.

lxhatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais, mitz triton
for a start what you doing fitting hq dragways to a vl?????

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
im sure you could find spacers to make them fit properly

M

mutant

lxhatch said:
for a start what you doing fitting hq dragways to a vl?????
stock wheels on my vl dragways on my hq ute ute has to go keep lookin thinkin vl would look good with shiny wheels and they would be free.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Its just not worth a wheel falling off tho is it? Sell the HQ dragways and then put the money towards the right rims of your choice.