Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walky Kit

D

DaveP

hey guys, my calais is in southport at a holding yard at the moment, coz some fuckwit truckie drove me into the concrete median strip heading down to the goldy :p
anyways its gonna be a good 3 months before i get it back, coz its gotta go to the panel beaters, fix her up. anyways while its there, i reckon ill be able to save about $5000 if i work my arse off.
how much is a genuine walky kit from hsv? are non hsv kits any good or am i better off getting a real one? hopefully it wont be more than $3000, coz i wanna bolt on a turbo as well while its outa action :)

cheers as always for the help guys

dave

D

dumpd6

na dude i dont think you are going to be able to get a half Decent kit and a turbo conversion for $5000 I wouldn’t buy a genuine one because no doubt they aren’t any better then a good after market one like every thing half of what you are paying for is the hsv part there are good places out there just have a look around and look at there work. Because you could buy a kit for $3000 but they are made out of crap and they don’t have any give so if your parking any where and you hit a gutter they are more likely to crack. Id rather spend a grand or two more and know that if you did hit any thing like a gutter it would have a bit of give an be less likely to crack

Like I have said before I got quoted $5000 for a good quality after market kit fitted but not painted

And now about your turbo I have an article I think I got it from here some where its got step by step on how to change a N/A motor to a turbo and that was going to cost $1800-$1900