Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox

V

vlwalky_chick

Hey, I'm looking to get a 5 speed supra gearbox for my non turbo VL Berlina, is there a specific one that i should be looking for that anyone knows about? If so please tell me,otherwise i'm looking blind LoL

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i don't think it will really matter as long as you get the bellhousing to suit the RB30 and that particular box. plus you'll need the length of the box for a tailshaft to fit. you may need to get one made.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Any particular reason why you want the supra box and not just going the straight bolt up r33 5speed box?

V

vlwalky_chick

no not really,i've just been told there strong. haven't really herd about the r33 box's . . . .

V

vlwalky_chick

bangers said:
i don't think it will really matter as long as you get the bellhousing to suit the RB30 and that particular box. plus you'll need the length of the box for a tailshaft to fit. you may need to get one made.

Nah i don't have to get one made,i know of people who have them,but just haven't gotten around to asking them about it because there not close friends lol plus they prolly know **** all about cars

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'd say just stick with the 33 5speed. they go from anywhere between 1-2k from what I've gathered, you can use the mx7 flywheel and clutch - I think, some people say yes and some say no. If not you'll have to drop the flywheel and clutch down to the smaller size which just so happens to be the same size as the mf5 gearbox size. Then you just have to source yourself a good clutch, plug in the speedo, the yolk for the tailshaft can be sourced new very easily. And then you just need to make an adapter place for the slave cylinder and away you go. Easy apparently.

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
if you want a complete 5 speed conversion to convert an auto i have one. (you wont need to buy a thing.) let me know at [email protected]
if i dont hear from you good luckon what ever direction you choose.
cheers
jason

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
What gearbox is that?

G

Grantis1976

:eek: Not trying to be a party pooper or anything, but if its a n/a rb30, then why the need for the bigger box, you'll be amazed how much of a flogging the stockers can handle ???:whistling