Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

advice... plastic window strips

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
i just got my front & rear windows pulled out of my car as the bottom of both have a small amount of rust.... now that the rust is gone i need to know how to fit some parts back on that broke from sun exposure. how do the plastic black strips along each side of the front window fit? clip in or glue in? & does anyone make these anymore because i kno holden has stopped makin all the stuff i wanted. the little plastic L's that fit in with the strip? how do they fit? & on the inside there is a black rubber strip the runs from the botom of the pillar up to the top & along the top... how does this get attached to the roof mouldin??? again help would be greatly appreciated...

cheers garth

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
these clips youa re talking about tohold it down arnt made anymore i think, my boss was trying to find some for a vl that we cut rust out and we couldnt, so in the end the moulds were urathained down, dodgy but thats they way it had to be.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah mine has little rubber pads about 4 inch's apart down the side of the windscreen and my side strips are silkaflexed on too. Don't know about the roof mould part, try Calaisturbo.com.au for specific VL advice they are bloody fantastic there

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
yer i just done some qwick fix on mine i used selastick seems ok:thumbsup: