Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! VL running rough

charlene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina Commodore
just replaced transmission in my VL ( trimatic behind a 5 litre 308) and now runnig rough and only just idleling. this started a few days before transmission died. looking at replacing the leads and plugs and possibly the dizzy but don't know where else to start?
also manual i have says tranmission holds 8.7 litres - does anyone know if this is the correct amount? is duel fuel but run mainly on gas. also seems to be under 60km's it does this.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
just replaced transmission in my VL ( trimatic behind a 5 litre 308) and now runnig rough and only just idleling. this started a few days before transmission died. looking at replacing the leads and plugs and possibly the dizzy but don't know where else to start?
also manual i have says tranmission holds 8.7 litres - does anyone know if this is the correct amount? is duel fuel but run mainly on gas. also seems to be under 60km's it does this.

2.3lts for a service and 8.7 is probably dry fill (as in new)

Do a compression test 1st to make sure it's not a valve...:)