Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP!!! Windscreen Wipers

VL-Cruiser

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a very strange issue with my windscreen wipers on this VL I just purchased.

When I either press 1 or 2 for the speed the wipers work, but when I turn them OFF, they stop at the TOP of the windscreen. ie. they do not turn to the bottom. So when I'm driving and it rains I turn them ON its ok, but when it stops raining and I turn them off they do not return to the bottom of the windscreen out of sight....

I think someone must have assembled them wrong or something.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Hi Guys,

I have a very strange issue with my windscreen wipers on this VL I just purchased.

When I either press 1 or 2 for the speed the wipers work, but when I turn them OFF, they stop at the TOP of the windscreen. ie. they do not turn to the bottom. So when I'm driving and it rains I turn them ON its ok, but when it stops raining and I turn them off they do not return to the bottom of the windscreen out of sight....

Do they only stop at the top and no where else??:)

VL-Cruiser

Reaction score
Do they only stop at the top and no where else??:)

yer thats right.... I prett the 1 button for example, the windscreen wipers start doing their thing, then when I press the oFF button, the go to the upright position and turn off.. instead of going down to the bottom of the screen and turning off....

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Even if you press it while it's at the bottom of the cycle? Mine sometimes get stuck at the top or half way if I press off while they are up there.

But it does sound like it was put in backwards or something.. First I've ever heard of that happening.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Hi Guys,

Then someone put the crank arm on the wiper motor a 180degs out, take it off with the wipers parked at the top then move the wipers by hand until there at the normal position and put the crank arm back on.. Done..:thumbsup:

VL-Cruiser

Reaction score
Then someone put the crank arm on the wiper motor a 180degs out, take it off with the wipers parked at the top then move the wipers by hand until there at the normal position and put the crank arm back on.. Done..:thumbsup:

whats this crank arm? I do notice all windscreen wiper stuff is extermly hard to get to.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
whats this crank arm? I do notice all windscreen wiper stuff is extermly hard to get to.

img002.jpg

Have a look and see where the arm bolts to the motor and work out what would happen if it was on the other side...:D