Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plenum???

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I've seen these on some rb's, anybody know the pros and cons to this part???

Thanks
Goon.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
you will have seen them on all fuel injected cars the throttle body is mounted on the plenum chamber,
I'm guessing you mean custom plenum chamber, they would be better for more direct air flow.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I've got a rajab plenum on mine, it'd be hard to say the difference as I havent' driven the current car without it. But to me, comparing it to my old car, it seems to breath better, if you plant the foot, the fact that it has an xf throttle body for a start you can hear it take a big gulp.

They're not necessary for good power, and they're relatively expensive. If you're going all out or you plan on upgrading further, could be handy.

I also liked the benefit of cleaning up the bay by moving my inlet to the inlet side and not crossing over. Makes it easier to change spark plugs and fuel rail etc.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Intresting thanks guys, i like the idea of a cleaner engine bay and easier access to the spark plugs wow! I'll get one 4 sure down the track.. :D

cracker

Reaction score
unless ur going all out pretty hard to justify spending money on one, 10 even 9s have been run on standard rb30et inlet manifolds

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
yeah id get one just so when you have to change plugs bang 10 mins work its done.i ran a rajab style one on my old vl.wasnt a rajab one but was made very similar.looked ok and did clean the bay up mine had custom one peice cooler pipes one for plenum sid and one for turbo side better then having 5 peices of cooler piping by the time you get your air its warm+only a few joins instead of 6 or 7 lol less chance of air leaks etc from cooler piping

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
102_0563.jpg

bay.jpg

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Wicked im so getting one for the 25. :D

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
are your going 25/30 conversion?im sure i have a pick of my old r33 with custom front facing throtle body to