Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL SL turbo wagon 5 speed manual

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Name:zac

Car: 1987 VL SL fagwagon

Engine: RB30ET

Engine Mods: t3 high flow, front mount intercooler, external waste gate, screamer pipe.

Body: White

Body mods: none

Gearbox: N/A mf5 manual

Stereo: None

Interior mods: shitty wood grain wheel

Wheels: Ceptors, stockies soon to be cr8r 18s

Future mods: no idea!! maybe respray and sell it. If it grows on me ill respray it, and put a fake calais nose cone on it.

Price: 2k

Saw this baby for sale this morning and on the side of the road... ended up buying it. I dont know why i bought it, i dunno what im going to do with it... It goes ****ing hard.
Its got N/A 5 speed, N/A injectors and N/A ecu. Doesnt knock or ping. I believe the turbo seal is gone as it blows LOTS of smoke after boost. I was told the exhaust is 2.5". Its cut off before the diff so its pretty ****.... old owner said its got a decompression plate... it probably does because its laggy as **** off boost compared to my berlina. Everytime ist starts spooling it makes me smile :beer chug:

picture001pt.jpg

picture004qh.jpg

picture250.jpg

screamer pipe????
picture007f.jpg

picture008yl.jpg

picture009qp.jpg

Last edited:

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
pics up now. i dont have a proper camera atm but.... nah its been converted. More pics up now. Turbo looks like its been high flowed comparing it my other t3 in the shed.

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
id gear up the berlina mate, it looks way nicer..pitty ur a distance.. id buy it off yah for the engine :p

could even swap the turbos and slap the engine in ur berlina..or sell it for more and go extra hard on the berlina!

nice ride overall mate, only turbo wagon ive ever seen..

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
cv8r rims on, looks a **** load better now. Going in to workshop on monday to talk about tune and fix smoko problem. Turbo will most likely get rebuilt. And then will be saving up for paint and respraying it :)

Im thinking hot house green with green flakes.

I restored the SL badge today
picture012p.jpg

Last edited:

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8R rims. Thats all the pics for now untill i get a camera. gotta go for my full licence this week im not legally allowed to drive it :p

picture014z.jpg

picture015r.jpg

picture016s.jpg

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yay got my full licence today so ive been driving it everywhere. It had a split vacum line from turbo to waste gate so it was over boosting.... No wonder it was going so hard hahaha. Fixed it but it doesnt go anywhere neer as hard now... time for a boost controller.

edit... just bought a boost controller. Plans for now are... send it down to auto electrition to wire up front blinker and fix some electrical gremlins. Dash lights/ tail lights only work when they want to. Then have the turbo rebuilt. And then respray. Have to getit pink slipped next month as well. rebuilt turbo and exhaust manifold with external gate will end up being bolted onto the berlina and stock t3 and manifold will be put on the wagon.

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
sounds like a great plan mate!!! congrats on the open licence!!!!!

hot house green with flakes, fk yeah!!!

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the blinkers wired up yesterday, and today it went down to the exhaust shop. The exhaust was cut before the diff now it has 2.5 pipe with rear muffler. Also had the screamer pipe extended so now it dumps under the cabin. Exhaust note is heaps quiter now. The turbo used to sound like a truck spooling now i can barely hear it :(