Location: North Shore NSW
Model: 1987 VL Calais
Mileage: 95k (original)
Body kit: Stock Calais
Engine: Stock RB30E
Brakes: Stock 4 wheel disc
Diff: Stock (not LSD)
Interior: Stock grey velour
Wheels: Currently ROH Vapor - Looking for 18" internationals...PM me if you have any you want to get rid of.
Recently did a service on her including:
- Oil flush and oil & filter change
- Spark plugs & HT leads
- Air & fuel filter
- Rocker cover gasket
- Drive belts
- Timing belt (including belt tensioner and cam and crank seals)
- Water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, outlet housings, top & bottom hoses
- Brake fluid
- Black widow alarm/immobilser system
- New steering wheel!
- 18" Calais Internationals
- Lowering with all new springs (kings) and shocks (still unsure, any suggestions?)
- New exhaust, from the headers, with 2.5" mandrel bent (stainless steel) through to a 3" dumper tip
- All new sound system.
- Manual conversion
Here's some pics. Let me know what you think.
looks nice mate, you do kno the genuine internationals only come in 17s. the 18's are copys
Yeh i know the genuines are 17's. I think they a bit too small tho, so im happy with non gen.
no worries mate was just lettin ya kno incase you didnt already, should look tops with the inters
Yeh i cant wait! now i jst gotta find them! anyone? trade? cash?
- Black widow alarm/immobiliser installed (take that theifs!)
Since my service my cars been running hot on the temp gauge, the system had been bled correctly. I suspected the thermostat wasnt opening correctly and upon testing it (tridon btw) found it was opening a little bit late and also wasnt fulling opening! I was planning to fix my problem in a few weeks but then my car started leaking coolant badly because the original heater hoses decided it was time to crack...
- New heater hoses
- BRAND NEW triple core radiator replacing my old dual core radiator (tanks and lines inside LeAking)
- New GENuine nissan thermostat.
Now she is running nicely at halfway on the gauge
Next thing to fix....my rattley exhaust (my cats are shot) so annoying to drive now...everyone looks at you all the time lol.
looks good, will look even better after u get the inters
Ok, so since the last update i have managed to get my hands on:
- some pacemaker extractors
- 2 1/2 inch cat back exhaust
- got given a near new pioneer head deck so bye bye old radio! also went and bought 2 new pioneer 4" speakers to replace the stocks in the dash. Yet to get some rears and sub + amp, but soon
In regards to the inters, im putting them on hold for a while as the wheels on it have grown on me for now
So i have now fitted:
- 2.5" cat back system
- Pacemaker extractors
- New headdeck with ipod adapter kit and my 2 new pioneer fronts.
Also did an oil change.
Managed to snap one of my exhaust manifold studs in the removal of the stock exhaust manifold. Paid $160 to get it out and a new set put in.
Car sounds like one mean puppy now
Next step is to complete my sound system. Some 6" pioneers for the parcel shelf and a sub n amp for the boot
m8 car looks awesome love the vls, are the kms genuine? just seems really low for the age of the car? love the color will look great when u get some calais wheels, keep up the good work m8
Last edited by Archers; 01-10-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Thx rvx, im pretty sure the kms are genuine, the car is in immaculate condition with logbooks and all. The interior looks brand new still, even the lil buttons on the seats are still intact!