Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric mirror switch

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Hi just wondering if you can replace the vn mirror switch on the door handle with the better looking vs ones

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
plug out plug in simple as, will work fine. its a dodge spot to have the mirror switch coz water always gets on it and frys it!!

stock ss

Stock SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
YES, they are the same minus the green light in the VN switch

W

Wonderboy

hey, on my car i pulled apart the mirror switch and cleaned it up cos it was working a bit dodgy but its all sweet now, but i changed the little globe in there cos i t wasnt working. the thing is it still dont work. its got power going to it but i dont think its earthed out. all my mates cars are the same except my mates vq stato. does anyone elses light up?

vsuterus

Reaction score
The one in my VP calais doesn't, it never has since I've owned the car, but never tested to see if it had power going to it or not. I assume its meant to come on when the switch is operational, ie when the ignition is on? Or is it when the headlights are on?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The only drama with the vs switch in the vn handle is that if you use your old handle is that the hole is cut for the old switch so it will leave a gap on the edges when you modify it to fit the new switch.
I got a rear door handle which is exactly the same as the front dimension wise and cut a hole in it for the switch being careful not to make it too big especially the righthand bottom corner where the there is not much edge to hid any mistakes.....worked for me.

Madhouse_Dave

Crazy but Happy
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Hi All
What Model Mirror switch is recommended here in this change over ?
In My Vn Wagon I also dont have the little light working but if there is power to the switch you should need only replace the bulb. Make sure you use a multi-meter to check for voltage first and then to check the globe to make sure its also a good globe.
Cheers
Madhouse

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
if you check the connections for the switch, the little light wont even be wired up.

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
My light in my VR doesn't work either - even with another switch. Anyone found out if they actually have power? I notice on the wiring loom there is an empty space.