Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injectors

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I need to replace my original injectors, and have been told that VT VX ect injectors, are not suitable for a VP. However, an Ebay wrecker, has advised me that they are suitable, and are a good upgrade. I'm not chasing any improvement in performance/power ect, the car is completely standard. So yeah, will they be ok?

Attachments

• 704f_2.JPG
    704f_2.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 113

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Best bet: don't change. Use standards, they're perfect for the job :)

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
ive used them in my vp yes probably not a good idea but they worked perfect they flow slightly leass but have a better spray pattern. Probably lean your motor out slightly

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
not sure how late of model injectors you can go to, but i plonked in the VR-VS spec in my VN, the only difference was four holes instead of one, which should provide a more even spray. No preformance gain, and it was cheaper to replace than get the old ones sonic cleaned...

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
VR+ had 4 holes? Well looks like mine arent original then lol. I would have thought VR+ would have a higher flow rate because of sequential injection? Unlike batch-fire requiring a lower flow rate because they are constantly being pulsed, and sequential each one on every intake stroke.

Thats how it pans out in my head anyway. :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I hate the VT injectors from a tune point of view, because they are not the same as the standard ones, but probably not enough different to notice unless you are pushing the limits

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
It's still looking cheaper to buy a reco set, than have mine cleaned (plus i don't trust mine to be honest, i'd rather them gone completely, and put in a set with a warranty that i know have been tested and work properly) ) But finding a suitable set, is not so easy. Is there any difference between the V6 and V8 injecctors? I dont mind getting 8 and having 2 spare, i've asked ebay sellers, and they havent replied..http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/42/65/8d53_1.JPG pictured here is a set avaialble, if someone tells me they fit and work %100, i'll buy them straight away...

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vn-vp v8 and v6 should be identical injectors

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
Magna injectors i have heard a pretty good.. its a specific model u have to use tho.. not sure which one!