Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who else has rust?

W

Wonderboy

ok i have a vp exec. and i have rust just under my rear windscreen. its a rusty little hole. is this a common spot? i was gonna rip the screen out, cut it out, weld a new panel in, fiberglass it and paint the whole car, its got acrylic on the roof, boot and bonnet lol and 2pac on the sides. my car looks pretty funky. how much is paint? i heard its like $50 a litre for 2pac and like $30 a litre for clear. does anyone know how many layers? some bloke my mate knows said 4 layers of base and 6 layers of clear..... has anyone painted before? i painted a door in trade school oooooh! i think i might get someone else to paint it for me. anyone know any prices on re-spraying in 2pac?

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
hey mate .. check out the paint shop at the corner of Plenty Rd and High St... right near the safeway there but the name escapes me. paintmobile i THINK

clear coat auto paint is $4 a litre and 20L of gloss black (ordinary acrylic mind you) was $100

W

Wonderboy

they sell 2pac? i know theres a joint in coburg. but apparently thats the expensive one.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
also mate .. if you give a panelbeater your car as a stripped down rolling shell (if u want the engine bay painted), sanded back and ready to go u can save your wallet a bashing for a weekends work....

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea they sell 2pac
but i never asked for a price on it :p
i was sold at $100 for 20L of gloss black!! my mates VH SLE looks like a demon now! (20L left a good half cm of paint on his car heheheh)

EDIT: by the way this place is in preston ... on the farside way away from coburg, i htink i know the joint ur talkin about..

B

bootleg

mines got a tiny lil bit over back right stop light... np but

W

Wonderboy

yeah well i was thinkin of stripping it and goin a different colour. but its not even fast or anything lol. i was just gonna get a quick 2pac job and maybe when its at least fast or has batmobile wings or something then i may do it a vyss dark purple or a metalic lime green or orange or something eye catchy. but for now just a quick *tshhhhhh* *tshhhhhh* im just against acrylic thats all.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol batmobile ... well that place in coburg paintspot or whatever it is sells pressure paks that are ready to go mixed in your colour of choice .. spray em then bin em .. (funny how those quick, once off, DIY paint job tools are sold the most in COBURG isnt it?)

maybe you could get your paint, grab a few pressure paks, spend an afternoon gettin friendly with some sandpaper then say hello to your newly coloured slug?

W

Wonderboy

i wish i could just pressure pack a new car. its like "car in a can!" just point and spray and a batmobile just comes out....... u could make money on that invention. yeah coburg sucks, i go to tafe there. even the trains are pressure packed.

VpV6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP II Executive
Yea, paint it yourself. Its easy as. Im doing my 3rd full body respray now.

A little tip.. Strip out the entire interior except the pedals, dashboard and steering wheel. Then take out all the windows in the doors, door handles, door locks and strikers. Now when you paint it youve only gotta mask the windows that are left and the dashboard. No fiddly masking that takes hours and leaves paint trails. Also you can paint the floor and roof with tar as an added sound deadener and rust protector.

Acrylic is fine, people just dont know how to finish it off properly so it looks as shiny as 2pac. 2pac is harder to spray at home since it takes a lot longer to dry and dirt n dust tend to stick to it while its happening.

Any further queries youve got about it, post again!