Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Waht do the "bushes" do within the car?

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Some of my front ones need to be replaced (as holden ahs said) i have noticed a clunk and a little rattle in the passeger front wheel, jsut wnat ing to know what they actually do?

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
bushes.. hmm just trying to think wat bush is in that area.. when i read the title i figured trailing arm bushes... which hold your trailing arm. which hold your diff inplace.. without gettin under my car and having a look.. im gonna go with they must hold ur suspension in place... mabe ur shockies.. or springs!

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
If you mean bushes in general. You use them when you join two bits of metal together when they will move. The thinking is that it is better to wear out a cheap bit of plastic that is designed to be replaced, rather than an expensive bit of metal that is a pig to fix.

Mike

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
could be talking about swaybar rubbers, stabalisedr bar rubbers, theres a bush at the top of the strut but when thats gone it makes a clicking noise when you turn the wheel