Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speaker size...

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
just a quickie guys,

what size are the dash speakers in a VN? They are the only speakers in the car, and they are goooone!!

thanks everyone.. :wave:

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
they are 4" speakers so 10 cm and only 30w max.

just get some pioneers to replace them or put in some VR/S Door speaker pods. that way you can have 6" speakers.

either way easy to do

jack.mc

Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
yeah, I'm looking for something cheap anf good, so I think I just want to put some splits in there, not the doors (if possible!) - so 4 inch is the biggest that will fit in the space? Thanks a lot for your fast help...

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
4" dash vn

Howdy fu2_87 is correct there only crappy ones 30w dual cone 4". I would suggest getting some vr/ vs door pods around $50 - $70 @ Wreckers or GMH and put them on ur trim and cut some metal 2 fit in some 6" into the vn. I will have a pic up next week with my vs pods on my vn ss with custom trimmed pods and vinly sprayed 2 suit. A set of 4" in the dash would be the go something like alpine or pioneer tho becareful some 4" magnets are too big 2 fit so check with autobarn if our b4 purchasing em.. If you got the money do a setup like mine amp a set of compontents but put the tweeter in dash, speaker in door and x over hidden.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
haha im gonna open a can of worms here i know it..... dont bother about the pods... all u need is 4 inch splits.. the new pioneer ones run like 250kw.. whack the tweeters in the middle of the dash.. and hook them up to an amp.. then all u need is some 6 inches in the back with an amp and a sub with an amp.. or u can get a multi amp for both speakers and a mono for the sub.. or if ur like me and think a sub is more or less a waste... u should get some 7 -11 like i have loud have good base and dont go overboard!

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
vpbeast said:
haha im gonna open a can of worms here i know it..... dont bother about the pods... all u need is 4 inch splits.. the new pioneer ones run like 250kw.. whack the tweeters in the middle of the dash.. and hook them up to an amp.. then all u need is some 6 inches in the back with an amp and a sub with an amp.. or u can get a multi amp for both speakers and a mono for the sub.. or if ur like me and think a sub is more or less a waste... u should get some 7 -11 like i have loud have good base and dont go overboard!
Woldn't 6 x 9's be better in the shelf tho if you dont want 2 cut the shelf and keep a stock look yeah 6" and use orignal grill is a alternative and cheaper one at that.

jack.mc

Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
that sounds more like me... note my name - resident cheapass! I'm a student, and basically, I have no money. It comes and goes! So I want to save up for a good pioneer HU (off ebay), 4 inchers in the dash, and 6 by 9s in the parcel shelf. I dont need that much noise, just more than the shitty stock speakers of the VN (ie piece of paper * 2!!!!)

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
i used to have pioneer 6x9 in the back and pioneer 4" in the dash. didnt sound to bad.

im running 6" componets with the tweeter in the door and woofer in the vr/s speaker pods in the door. 6x9 in the back.

when you get the cash get 6x9 i find them bass for your buck

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
hmm in regards to the question before about 6x9 im not a fan of em aye.. they got too much bass to run with a sub.. but 7x10 give heaps more that sounds mad without a sub.. i dunno just my 2 cents.. could be coz i have kenwood 7x10's in my car.. i find em to be a good mixture

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
What i found fairly cheap and easy were just some 6" pioneer for the front doors ( i didn't use the vr's pods, though i want to track down a pair} and some pioneer 6x9" in the back. sounds really good. Though would it be worth also fitting in the 2 pioneer 4" speakers into the dash??