Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

missing firing vn v8

A

aero19

hi guy i got a vn v8 that misses bad till it warms up then the miss almost stops after its hot but its still there. I have replaced plugs leads. ect. thanks nat

hutto

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN V8 Calais/HSV SVO
If the tacho is fickering when it's idling your rotor button and dizzy cap are worn and need replacing, when really bad engine runs out of puff and farts and stuff under any load. cheap fix but pain filled experence (little room).

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
also check that all the leeds are on correctly and that they are all in the right sequance. even though this sounds stupid its not.
i change leeds on my 5ltr and somehow stuffed up the fireing order. :hit: the engine still ran well but it was backfireing underload and that was it!!
it done this for 100km's or so untill i got home and found the fireing order and re-connected the leeds in the right order. must say the ute still pulled 180km/hr on an isolated straight, as a V5-6. ! :whistling

A

aero19

hi guys thanks for the help that one got put on the back burner as the fuse box conectors have had some probs.....it had given the car a hole new stall in trafic kick to driven it.

I'll replace the dizzy and the rotor button tomorow and let you know how it went. thanks nat.