Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help installing stereo. Not enough space for wires!!

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
OK, im helping my brother install his new stereo but the main problme is, is that there is not enough space in the cavity for all the wires and the deck doesnt want to be pushed in all the way.

There is a black shroud thing behind the deck (in the stereo cavity thing) and i was wondering if its possible to remove it ? This deck has way to much wires. We have all four speakers connected, plus 4 RCA leads that go to the boot.

Any tips and tricks to make it all fit ?

EDIT: dont worry about this thread i see my bro has already asked in the car audio section.

Last edited:

waza327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
If you value your heater, dont do anything to the black plastic panel you are seeing behind the stereo. Some clown who owned my car before i bought it needed some space for stereo cabeling, He took to it with a hot piece of metal. Melted the crap out of it.

It cost me $800 for a whole new heater system installed. It was a full dash out job. My mechanic is still shaking his head.

I can only suggest having a chat to an auto elec or maybe going down to Jb Hi-Fi and speak to their installers. They deal with problems like yours everyday.

hutto

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN V8 Calais/HSV SVO
Try getting some right angle RCA adptors from Jaycar, they'll give you maybe another 5-10mm depth and help prevent your RCA cables getting broken.

oNDaBoOzE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Panther VS SS
i fit mine into my calais fine they just bend downwards a tiny bit, it should fit no probs man unless you got some weird sort of deck with protruding connectors.
mine is a pioneer mp3 one.