Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP V8 wiring schematic - fuel pump ?

D

dualgas

I am having a problem whereby there is no power getting to my fuel pump. The relay and fuse are fine, but I have noticed when using a multimeter after taking the relay off that power is only coming to the 'power in' wire. The 'switch' and 'power out acc 1' do not have any voltage ? I have taken off the door trim and the thick purple wire (fuel pump); this is where there should be power but I am getting none.

Does anyone have a schematic of this or have they experienced a similar problem ?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Not a whole lot to go on but The following might help.

The Fuel pump relay is switched by the ECM. It will be on for a few seconds only when the ignition is first switched on then off if the engine is not turning over, even with the ignition switched on. The switched side of the relay is earthed through the ECM.

The fuel pump should not be powered when running on LPG. A good place to look for a wiring fault causing the fuel pump relay to be inop. would be where the cut off for when running on LPG is located.