Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Leaking Water

Bladebox360

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 Vr executive v6 3.8L
Hi guyz

My holden vp commodore 1992 Leaks water into the boot and was just wondering does anyone know how its getting in there and how it can be fixed?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Hi guyz

My holden vp commodore 1992 Leaks water into the boot and was just wondering does anyone know how its getting in there and how it can be fixed?

More than likely it's the side windows behind the rear doors. You need to take them out and seal around them with some non hardening window sealer.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
More than likely it's the side windows behind the rear doors. You need to take them out and seal around them with some non hardening window sealer.

Which is what my link was to.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
do ur tail lights fill up with water? thats another spot lol

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
yer my tail lights fill up with water

Just take them out and carefully drill 3 x 3/16" holes evenly spaced along the bottom f each light, Problem fixed!

1989vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN
Hi. I have a vn and it had the same prob with water getting into the boot.It took me a while to trace it .Check the side rear windows,The seams on the panels near the boot rubber where the 1/4 panels are spot welded, mine had cracks in the factory seam sealer.And check the rubber seal thats behind the petrol filler door where it screws too the 1/4 panel. My car had very small leaks from all these places and it ment all this combined alot of water was getting in.With the seam sealer i went down to my local auto paint shop and got a tin of brush on seam sealer its good as it looks just like what the factory used.Hope this helps