Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AC Fan Motor

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
So my air con fan just died.. filled the car with smoke out of the centre AC vents and demister vents...

Gotta shoot to the wreckers tomorrow morning, has anyone replaced one before? Apparently it's a bitch to do? Any help or advice would be great (photos would be amazing). It really sucks because we're having these summer storms, so not having a demister is just pushing it at the moment.

Wish me luck lol

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I nearly had to do this because mine stopped working - then started working again haha.

Remember reading in the repair manual that the heater core may have to come out to access the fan.

Not 100% sure but when I remember reading the procedure I thought fark that.

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
I've got the gregorys book at home, I'll have a read then about it.. unless anyone else has some pics of it?

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
So after two days of pulling **** apart, it was the foam sealing tape around the fan motor. It (being old) had degraded enough for the heat from the motor to start melting it. Lol what a pathetic problem..

On the plus side, I drained about 3L of water from the air con system, now I don't get soaked feet and carpets when I turn corners or brake