Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn cruise control not working....

noyzv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, Chevy Luv, VN S Pack
i have just completed installing factory cruise control from a vn calais into a vn s pack, but it doesnt seem to work, i have conected everything the same way as i removed it. i have run the diagnostic that is on this forum, and it worked, the light came on and the throttle increased 20% as it states, but when driving nothing happens. i have also tested all the wires for continuity and there is no breaks in the circuit that i can find.

can anyone please shed some light on what could be wrong? thanks in advance.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
just what comes to mind..... have you installed the brake switch and/or clutch switch properly. maybe its stuck thinking you have the brake/clutch in because its not installed correct or something.... just my thought mate, good luck :thumbsup:

noyzv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, Chevy Luv, VN S Pack
nah the switches work, i have even tried pushing in the switch by hand while driving to see if it would work but still no go, and i dont think the test would work if the switches didnt.... grrr its driving me nuts :S

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
You could have a faulty stepper motor (main black box thing)

Most times it's the brake switch not working correctly. How did you test the brake switch?