Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vibration in my vp PLEASE HELP

codicave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ute
hope some one can help me
i have a vibration when car is moving i have changed wheels and diff
could it be the tail shaft or harmonic balancer OR the auto
please someone point me in the right direction as i dont want to waste more money on this car
ill post more info if needed

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Really need some more info mate, Does it stay the same in each gear, does it get worse with speed, does it seem to be a particular side or front/back?
What if you put it in neutral when doing 100k's and let the revs fall back to idle? Better/worse?
The gearbox mount bolts on the VP sometimes come loose, leads to vibration and clunk when you stop.

codicave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ute
ill go take for a drive now and test those things out ill get back to you asap
thanks for the tips

codicave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ute
ok the vib is at its worse between 40 and 60 ks but it still there thro the gears but not so bad in higher gears and yes it seems to go away if i put in neutral , it does seem to be coming from the motor so i am starting to think it is the balancer or a head gasket even tho its not miss firing (you know when the gasket goes in between the bores)... the gear box mounts are all tight and the rubber seems to be alright .hope that all made sence cause im a old school holden head not to good on the new holdens im on a steep learning curve with the newer cars.... give me a old holden any day and id have it fixed already lol
cheers all

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Well if the vibration goes away when you drop into neutral you can forget the wheels and suspension and brakes. Harmonic balancer? Gearbox?

codicave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ute
well the cheapest way would be the balancer for start ... dam hope its not the box as i only buy this thing cause my vn ute auto has a kick down issue ( the kick down cable gets stuck when full thottle is appled and does not return), holding it in watt ever gear i was in. and yes i have changed the cable and there is no kinks in it , its something inside the box
thanks again

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
tailshaft needs balancing more than likely

vpete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 5.0 litre
What about your centre bearing in the tail shaft, it would vibrate if that was stuffed!

Cheers...................Pete!