Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help for removing rear door trim & tips on parint touch ups please

lobedowg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Sedan
hey guys,
new here. I've got a 92 VP sedan and was wanting to take off the trim on my rear door, so I can have a go at popping out a bump/scratch on the car's bodywork before giving it a little touch up. Haven't tried this before. I've popped all the clips, but would appreciate some further advice. In particular I need to know how to get the window winder off and if there's any special tips for me. Im a bit of a rookie in this area so might need it spelled out Any tips on popping out bumps on the bodywork as well would be great.

Cheers.

R

rattattack1313

Ahhh...you neeed Special tooool , Number 5,958,834,000,901 mark 2......loool..there is a "U" shaped clip behind the winder..you need to push it in, and it pushes the clip out.....I have one of these...buggered if I can recall where I got it from..it's blue, spring steel, with "U" shaped cutouts at each end, both being different sizes for different cars..................

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MavVP

Yeah i've been wanting to do this for a while so i can paint the interior black, are the panels hard to get off, is there anything i should be extra carefull when taking them off. Yeah step by step would be sweet

Cheers

B

BR377

I take the window winders off all the time, get a towel or some cloth or even a t-shirt, run the fabric into the crack between the winder and the door from the inside which is the side underneath the arm.
Clip will pop off.

To put it back on you can simply put the clip onto the winder then it will just click back onto the door.

smacx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 91 exec
you can get the tool to remove the jesus clips from the winder at repco i think i payed $5 for mine. i dont know if jesus clip is the technical term but they kinda look like the jesus fish symbol thing. Hope this helps

P

PhatVN

preferably use a different term in relation to the U clip thnx mate..

G

GMVBSLE

I use a metal nail file to remove the lock buttons. Bent the end over a few mm at a right angle then just slip it in and pull back on the orange bit both sides. Doesn't leave marks or take chunks out of the plastic.

R

rattattack1313

I found it !! I found it !!!!this is the widow winder removal tool....

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I bought one of those. very handy to have. Mine looks nothing like yours though rat :p

a wise investment I think. So much easier when u can just whack it in and push and off it comes.