Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Vibrates/Shakes

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Well i dont know if this is a serious problem or just a tiny 1 lets hope tiny..

When driving <60kmh the car is perfect once you start to gain speed the steering starts to rattle side to side, not forcing the car to go sideways just rattles.. At high speeds the shaking is the same doesnt get worst and worst.. Same rhythm of shaking.

Could i have a loose nut in the steering, or need a wheel aligment.. People have also told me my drive-shaft may be broken.. Altho i have no idea how i broke it, or how to break one.. Just after a bit of insight on this matter..

Also if it is the driveshaft(hope its not) Driving on a damaged 1 can it break itself so driving on it is bad?

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
ah, well i hope thats all i need

O

oozinpsi

yeh for me it was a wheel allignment and my brakes needed "re-machining" $150 l8a and it was all good again

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Mine wanders in ruts and floats across water pretty good, only thing I know of that is pretty worn and really needs replacing about now is the tie rod ends, steers straight as you want, you don't even really need to touch the wheel except if a corner is comming up :) and doesn't vibrate at all, but it gets radical in the ruts, x10 in the rain, sometimes I don't know where I'm heading next if the rain is heavy, all this could just be because my road it's all torn up from the 10000000 trucks that go along it everyday