Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turning vn wagon into a panel van

Unlesh

Skid Pig
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon, vp wagon
any one know how i could do this or how much it would cost? I've seen it done

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Panel over/weld up your windows, weld up your rear door seams. I would also look into cutting the roof 'hump' off a bg4 or bg5 subie legacy and stitching that into your wagons roof, to give a bit more headroom in the back. Dont know what you could use for your rear doors if you are after barn doors, but if you are after just A simple fold down/lift up setup you could probably cut down your regular boot lid and use the tailgate off a ute for the bottom part

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
would something like that even pass road worthy inspection? could a cop canary you for that? just wondering....

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
would something like that even pass road worthy inspection? could a cop canary you for that? just wondering....
Dont see why not, if its done by a coachbuilder.

You could probably even do it all yourself, best to look into the processes of inspection and certification in your area.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Would more look like a Chevrolet nomad style.. Would be cool.. Photo shop it if you can to see how it looks

Nathan54321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS STATESMAN 3.8L 1996
would u have to relicence it as a coupe panel van though if you seal up the rear doors coz all they say on wa licence paper Is STN WGN no dooor ammount so i dont see why you cant seal up rear quarter windows and leave the tail gate as is, but the rer doors sounds sus.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i know it can pass engineers in some states, i almost bought a VL wagon that had been converted. but it was in queensland and i couldnt get a straight answer from vicroads as to weather i could register it.

Unlesh

Skid Pig
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon, vp wagon
ive seen vs wagon turned into a panelvan looks mad and i find a pic on google vn panel.jpg

Unlesh

Skid Pig
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon, vp wagon
i looked into getttin my vn turned into a panel van. Its going to cost around $2000 thats with a full respray and all Interior done in the back.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
i looked into getttin my vn turned into a panel van. Its going to cost around $2000 thats with a full respray and all Interior done in the back.
Two grand or twenty grand mate? Because for two grand thats a f*kin awesome deal....

Twenty grand sounds about right for that though