Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden AIr Intake Mod resistor \

kramersteen

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/
Hi all, i have a 4runner wi th a vp engine in it. Anyway i installed this air intake resistor and to my surprise it made the engine perform better. And although theres no way in hell i got a 20 hp gain as the packaging said it did make some change. The change i noticed was only between 3 and 4 on the tacho. Maybe its all in my head but my friend and brother thought the same thing. Anyway i know they get a lot of negative feedback etc and to most its a gimmick. Maybe my mind has gone ricky-tard and i am imaging the the whole thing.

Holden engine mod chip VN, VP, VR, VS, VT, VU, VX, VY | eBay

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I strongly suggest you remove that piece of crap before you foul your plugs, valves, pistons and clog your cats.

kramersteen

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/
really? Is this a common thing to have happen? Have you had this hppen to you or any one you know? im worried now haha.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
He wouldn't of said it if he didn't mean it.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
More fuel. you will need more air.
You cant just throw in more fuel.

kramersteen

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/
Also my 4runner has always had a rough idle and at one stage a mechanic told me it must be a air sensor problem or something but could not pin point it. Anyway now it idles perfect? The idle was really bad and although it never stalled it seemed like it wanted to. Alot of people dont reccomend not using a thermostat but i have never had one for the 4years i have used the car, so i just need all the facts and proof you know?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Also my 4runner has always had a rough idle and at one stage a mechanic told me it must be a air sensor problem or something but could not pin point it. Anyway now it idles perfect? The idle was really bad and although it never stalled it seemed like it wanted to. Alot of people dont reccomend not using a thermostat but i have never had one for the 4years i have used the car, so i just need all the facts and proof you know?

Think of this way, if Holden could make your car do 20HP+ more for $20 a car, don't you think they would have done that?

kramersteen

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/
The car uses a bounty of fuel as it is so i hope not, will try it for a week and then change it back if i fear its doing damage. And i have read all the negative stuff on this item that why i stated it was to my surprise that it changed for the better, at least so far.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
If your car was running rough @ idle before and is running better now, this suggests your car was previously running lean on idle.

The resistor tricks the ECU into thinking the air going into the engine is colder and it increases the fuel.

So while your idle may have improved, the issue is that the car is running richer than it should once going, so combustion is not optimal and therefore foulding of plugs, valves and pistons will occur and then there is a decent amount of unburnt fuel being dumped into the exhaust system which will clog your cats.

The other think to take into consideration is the placebo effect, if you want something to work you will think it does even if it doesn't.

Anyway, good luck with it but in my opinion I would take it out. Not worth the risk of damaging your car.