Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv5000 Wheels

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Hey guys,

Just out of interest (and insurance purposes), if I had to replace my SV5000 rims, how much would a genuine set cost and who made them?

The rims already came on my car and there don't seem to be too many around in the event of a theft. The local tyre/wheel outlets aren't that helpful either.

I have been told by above-mentioned tyre places that I can still buy 'genuine' SV5000 wheels but the price is somewhere around the $800/wheel mark. But on the other hand, the chances of a manufacturer still doing the same design after 13 years is slim.

Am I being told a load of crap or can I still get 'genuine' ones?

Cheers

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
I have geniune HSV ones and they were bought from the factory when my car was originally purchased.

As for manufacturer, I am not sure, but the origninal ones were only avalaible from HSV.

800 a wheel with tyres may be a bit steep, I think a set goes for about 1500.

T

Tatts

As far as i Know the Rims are made by ROH with hsv stamp inside .....i had a set of vt GTS rims on my VN and they had the roh marking and authentic HSV stamp... if all else fails contact hsv :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Tatts is right, def ROH rims.

Coiuldn't tell you if you can still get them new. I'd doubt it tho.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
ROH make most HSV wheels. Highly doubt if you can still get them new. Can cost between $200 - $900 off ebay. Would average around $400-$500 in good condition (minor rash etc).

Reaper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I thought i might add my 2 cents to this 4 year old thread... I have a set of genuine ones

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I thought i might add my 2 cents to this 4 year old thread... I have a set of genuine ones

Yeah i wanted a thread dig for a change ;) Everyone else gets to do it

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yeah i wanted a thread dig for a change ;) Everyone else gets to do it

Nothing wrong with a good dig now and aqain. ;) I have to say i actually learnt something from this thread i never knew roh made these and a lot of other wheels.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I have geniune HSV ones and they were bought from the factory when my car was originally purchased.

As for manufacturer, I am not sure, but the origninal ones were only avalaible from HSV.

800 a wheel with tyres may be a bit steep, I think a set goes for about 1500.

Ha thats bugger all, When I worked at mitsubishi, I sold one fella 1 wheel to replace a gutter munted one and it cost him around $2700 for the wheel, no tyre no centre cap just 1 brand new alloy wheel, I think it was for a VR-X Diamante if I remember right.