Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn V6 Constantly Stalls

M

mars

My car is having some trouble keep running it will conk out if i drive too slow,turn corners,when i pull out of my driveway and go to drive off, pulling off the highway and other times, it idles fine in park and starts again fine any ideas

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
is it a manual or an auto?
does it happen within the first 20 minutes of driving or anytime at all?

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Has it been misfiring, also have you had the battery checked?. no strange noises being emited from the car?

Possible issues

- Fuel supply (pump)
- Electrical (spark) (bad earth) (plugs) (leads)

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Give your throttle body a good clean. There are some guides on here to show you how to do it. If it still is bad, check your plugs and leads. If all of those fail, then id say its the IAC valve.

pete_pumpkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 93 BT1
Check your air filter to see if it's dirty. You'd be amazed how much this will affect your car if it's dirty. I've left my airfilter clog up on a couple of occasions. First time it happened to me, the car would not idle at all unless I kept my foot on the gas.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
mars said:
My car is having some trouble keep running it will conk out if i drive too slow,turn corners,when i pull out of my driveway and go to drive off, pulling off the highway and other times, it idles fine in park and starts again fine any ideas

so the idle is fine in park? not the slightest rough at all?
valley cover gaskets are well known to perish on the V6's...but you would be getting a rough idle/hunting at most times.
i'd be looking at the fuel circuit and sensors,checking for correct voltage,fuel pressure and fuel pump.but check the obvious first like everyone is saying air and fuel filters,but once again,the idle should be rough in park as well,but i have seen stranger things :)

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
a

my vn stall on gas but never stall on petrol. they check the spark plugs and the coil and got the 44 or 45 wrong codes. I am thinking of the air filter. my last air filter box was cracked so I buy a new one and just after I change it it started to stall. and the gas system got 3 times of backfire after that which already blow the box.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
andyli said:
my vn stall on gas but never stall on petrol. they check the spark plugs and the coil and got the 44 or 45 wrong codes. I am thinking of the air filter. my last air filter box was cracked so I buy a new one and just after I change it it started to stall. and the gas system got 3 times of backfire after that which already blow the box.
that in it self should tell you something :) who installed the gas? or was it already fitted?

C

Coldhonor

I had the same problem with my VN 91. Really simple solution to fix your problem. All i done was drove down to Kmart and bought myself a brand new spankin battery and car hasn't stalled since. I guess the battery was just pumpin out some crappy meg ohms.