Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

module

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn vacationer auto v6 sedan
hi,now that ive got my spare coil pack/dfi module,id like to know if the module is supposed to have something smearred on it?,looks like it had some thing on it before it dried !!!,thanks...........

slick_red_VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
ab56452001 said:
hi,now that ive got my spare coil pack/dfi module,id like to know if the module is supposed to have something smearred on it?,looks like it had some thing on it before it dried !!!,thanks...........

HEY MATE COULD BE FROM A WRECKERS THEY NORMALLY PUT TEXTA OR WRITE SOMETHING ON IT TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN MODELS ETC.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE???

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for reply,its not covered in it ,just has sort of blackish type streaks on it, could be old grease etc.,i remember my old falc's dizzy module had to have a jelly like substance smearred on it that came in a satchel with the dizzy module,i was thinking maybe it has to have the same sort of goo on it!!!!!!!!!!,thanks.............

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
The DFI units for VN and VP don't have to have any grease fitted to them prior to fitting on the vehicle.I remember the grease you are talking about that was fitted to the ignition module of early commodores. It was called heat sink grease.The only thing they do have is a gasket fitted between the DFI unit and the coil pack base. On VR and later coils each individual coil also had there own individual rubber seals.

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
hi,i just checked, this coil pack came of a vp that was running,and thieres no gasket between the coil packs and the base plate/module,maybe other models had a gasket

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
No between each coil pack look underneath when removed and you will see a usually orange rubber seal sealing the contact terminals onto the baseplate. The gasket im talking about should always be fitted between the base plate and the DFI unit, they are two different components. When assembled there are three components all together Coil pack, Base plate and DFI unit underneath.

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
no worries ,see what ya mean,its all o'k', thanks...........