Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn heads and manifolds????

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
does anyone know much about the 3.8's. i have a series 1 motor and i was wondering what other intake manifolds fit on.. does the series two fit, or even the first ecotech intakes.. I was told that ecotech's change in VT or something..i think the exhaust ports the bloke was saying..
but anyways if anyone can give me any info that would be good..

Also is there any difference in the heads on series 1 and two. do any later model head bolt onto the series 1 block and still have the same exhaust ports.. is there any valve differences.. any info would be great no matter how big or small it it...

I am really not worried about any plumbing as long as the exhaust manifolds fit on, as i have turbo manifolds and i know they fit series 1 heads..

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think the heads from the VP will fit but you need to drill some holes in the block for some extra water passages? Fred posted some pictures of the two in one of the threads around here somewhere..... One you have the heads on then you can use the series two manifold which is a little better with a smaller plenum and longer runners. The exhaust manfolds should fit on either engine

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
thanks for that..the main reason i want to chance is because i will have to move the pipe that goes to the thermostat when i do my turboi converstion. i thought it might be easier to change manifolds..