Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Level 3 Dash with a V6 63lt sender in a 90LT tank

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hey Guys

Ive got a strange issue..im using a V6 Fuel tank sender in a series 1 long range VN tank and ive got the cluster set to 80L and when the needle is is on empty the trip meter displays 190Kms left Im unsure which is correct? could using a V6 sender cause issues? cheers

Last edited:

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
have you got the 80L sender unit in the tank? Did you reset the cluster back to zero's like you normally would after fillup?

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
let re do it lol.... using a Level 3 V6 Calais dash in my VN with a 90LT long range tank with a V6 sender....are the senders the same between standard tank and long range tank? i'v got it switched to the 80LT setting at the back and on the DISTANCE to empty with a 1/4 tank of fuel left it recons I can go 300kms.....seems wrong to me?

allan01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 185i
let re do it lol.... using a Level 3 V6 Calais dash in my VN with a 90LT long range tank with a V6 sender...

is your current vn a v8 if so the v6 lvl3 cluster might need to be altered especially the speedo, if not than maybe your sender/sensor maybe buggered or like you said it could be the wrong sender, did you install the sender into the 90ltr tank from a standard car vn v6 ? if so you need to find out if a long range tank uses the same sender.